The Organizer brings people together across different roles to make sure we work together consistently. We need you to marshal our collective power to fight for our rights, just like the generations before us. When problems come up in our communities or between people, you don't shy away. You believe conflict is an opportunity to bring us all closer to our shared goal of building a society that works for and protects everyone.
Sign up to learn more about green new careers and how you can make them possible!
About the Organizer
- Organizers live in the moment and dive into the action – they are the eye of the storm. They enjoy the drama, passion, and pleasure of high-stakes situations. They love making critical decisions and fighting their way through issues or problems.
- Organizers read the room and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts – the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable.
- Organizers have a unique skill in noticing small changes. Whether a shift in facial expression, a new haircut, or a broken habit, people with this personality type pick up on hidden thoughts and motives when others may not. This makes them highly empathetic, great at connecting with others, and a pro at making people feel like they are valued.
- Organizers have a strong sense of responsibility and always strive to meet their obligations, though this may sometimes be more from a sense of social expectations than intrinsic drive.
- Organizers love a good challenge, big or small, and they firmly believe that given enough time and resources, they can achieve any goal. They rely on their ability to think strategically and hold a long-term focus while executing each step of their plans with determination and precision.
Explore Your Other Green Careers Possibilities
Your Role in a Green New Deal
Organizers are the glue that brings people together. They like to get to know others and help them find common ground across ideologies and differences. They often have a thousand and one opinions — but as true coalition-builders, they tend to listen first and ask questions later.
We need Organizers to help us see the shared truth across our communities and point in the direction of our collective future. They can use their energy and confidence to bring people together to find joy, truth, and meaning. They might do this as a politician, a community organizer, an activist, a manager, or an entrepreneur.
If We Fully Invest 10 Trillion in Green Infrastructure 253,577 Organizer Green Careers Will Be CreatedLearn More
- 297,655 General and Operations Managers
- 5,258 Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- 29,823 Management Analysts
- 1,704 Community Association Managers
- 151,201 Project Management Specialists
- 1,763 Chefs and Head Cooks
- 10,188 Chief Executives
- 764 Coaches and Scouts
- 12,141 Industrial Production Managers
- 36,646 Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- 24,709 Residential Advisors
- 24,597 Transportation and Distribution Managers
- 5,096 Instructional Coordinators
- 6,999 Fundraisers
- 84,754 Construction Managers
- 41,621 Architectural and Engineering Managers
What Can You Do To Win Us Green New Careers?
To win Green New Careers, we’ll need to work together to push politicians across the country to support bold climate infrastructure. The only thing politicians understand is power and we gain that through working together. We need to stand together as a movement to take direct action that brings awareness to our cause, bring votes to the ballot box, and organize our local communities to voice their need for Green New Careers. The Sunrise Movement is a national climate activist movement that has been fighting for the last five years to stop climate change and create millions of good jobs in the process and our actions have brought climate to the front of national politics and we need your help to push it further.
The way that we’ll win Green New Careers is by organizing our communities to fight for the futures we need. As an Organizer, you’re at the center of this effort. You thrive in public-facing roles, especially when they allow you to bring new people into the movement. You’re always up for a challenge, and you take pride in meeting (and often exceeding) goals. At Sunrise you can help win millions of green jobs by mobilizing your friends and acquaintances, recruiting people to events, training and mentoring others, and finding common ground among the diverse array of people fighting for a livable future.
- Likes to solve puzzles and problems, both big and small
- They are uncompromising on their core values
- Friends rely on them for advice/support in difficult times
- Love to gather people together
- Like creating structure that allows others to be successful